Dear, Blossoms
Okay, I have to talk about The Gentlemen in honor of season 2 because I genuinely didn't expect to love it this much. I initially started watching for Theo James—let’s be real, THAT’S FINE SHYT, so obviously I had to tune in. But little did I know I'd become emotionally invested in all this British gangster drama. Now I say “posh cunt” way too often because it’s just SO fun to say, even though I don't know anyone posh. 😭
Season 2 was gold. In Season 1, Eddie tried so hard to convince himself he didn’t belong in the crime scene, which irritated me because... let's be for real, you like this shit. By Season 2, he stopped fighting it and finally reached his full potential, not just becoming a criminal, but realizing his capacity to be a powerful one. Watching his villain arc unfold as he grew more ambitious, ruthless, and frightening felt like he finally got permission to step into his true form.
Which brings me to Susie and Eddie: my delusional self is screaming for them to be together! They understand each other without speaking, they match each other's ambition, and together they're genuinely terrifying. Susie has spent her life being the controlled, capable boss, but Eddie gives her room to be softer and show pieces of herself she hides from the world.
Yet, I'm conflicted. Susie is meant for Eddie, but is Eddie meant for Susie? Eddie needs someone who can be a soft place to land, someone romantic and domestic who loves the man underneath the empire, not just the partner across the table planning the next operation. That’s why I understood Bella in his story, even while my delusional ass was still screaming SUSIE + EDDIE!!!. Still, after this season, they're frustratingly perfect, and I'm praying they get together next season!!
Beyond the romance, the entire aesthetic, country estates, tailored suits, and old-money crime mixed with murder over tea is everything. Season 2 expanded into an even bigger criminal empire, trading the lighter vibes of Season 1 for pure drama.
I’m obsessed. This show has me pacing my room, speaking in an accent, and going insane over the plot. Let me know your thoughts if you've watched it, or if I just convinced you to start!
✦ Thanks for reading me yap ✦
Xoxo, Blossom 💋
.jpeg)
No comments:
Post a Comment